I just spoke with David about the "interview" he had today.
We were both under the impression that he would go in, sit and talk with a man about the open position. They would discuss hours, rates, policies and other pertinent information.
But that's not how this interview would go. He walked in, filled out an application, shaved his leg and was told they'd call him. Yes. You read that right. They had him shave his leg - for a drug test, which he'll pass. That is, unless he has a secret life I don't know about or Swiss Cake Rolls are suddenly considered an illegal drug.
Since David needs to start a job by Monday, at the latest, it seems he will be going with the one my friend's husband owns! There's always a chance that the electrician folks will give him a call back sooner than we'd anticipate. If that's the case, we'll really be in a quandary.
Anyway, thank you all so much for your prayers and support...It has really meant a lot to us! David's even surprised by the comment and e-mails we've gotten!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This weekend was FANTASTIC! We had a marathon day of antiquing with our newest friend, Mandy. We had so much fun, if I can say so myself! I seriously never expected to shop for 8ish hours straight but I cannot complain one stinkin' bit about the time we had out there.
I hope we can all get together like this again soon and I REALLY hope Kate and I didn't scare Mandy off. We can be a bit...goofy and sarcastic.
4 comments:
I have never heard of anyone having to shave their leg! How bizarre!
Hey, goofy and sarcastic are my trademarks!! Seriously, had a GREAT time, my tins look fantastic on top of my cabinets, and I am ready for the next marathon shopping day! (I got some birthday gift cards I gotta use!)
Thanks to both you and Kate for putting up with an old woman for a day. Love you guys
Wow... shaved his leg? Yikes. That would make me rethink working in a place like that. Sounds rude to me. :)
Shaved his leg?? Are you sure that he just didn't get curious, and that was his excuse? :o)
Post a Comment