Thursday, October 8, 2009

Decisions...Decisions

David was called into his boss's office yesterday and offered a position as an OTR (Over The Road) truck driver's assistant. Working OTR means he'd be gone from Tuesday morning until sometime on Friday...who knows when, really. He will have weekends off but will still have to go into the warehouse on Monday's to load the truck.

We're stumped on what to do so I've come up with a handy-dandy pro/con list.

Pro
More hours = More money (we hope!)
The company pays for all meals and lodging
Home early on Mondays and Fridays
I get the whole bed to myself three nights a week
I can have my friend's over whenever I want
David gets to see more of the state he loves

Con
More hours = Less time at home
Our safety at home while he's away
Him missing out on Ethan
Ethan missing out on Him
I get the whole bed to myself three nights a week
The spiritual leader of our home will be gone A LOT
No more Thursday nights out


....they initially gave us only 24 hours to decide. We talked them out of another 12.

3 comments:

maggie may said...

i don't know what to tell you, girl. i know the money would be nice. i would make them give you an offer in writing before you decide, because what if the money doesn't make it worth it?
i would love to come over anytime i want! but i would miss david too. hard decision!

Unknown said...

Dad gone REALLY hits the boy hard in our case, Ken is in school and gone from tuesday morning thru wednesday night. Dominic misses him and almost always acts out and gets mouthy.

but not having to stretch the budget like a cheap scrunchey would be a huge plus.

Growing in Grace said...

I'll be praying for you, friend!