I'm proud to report that we got ALL of our housework done! Even the garage. Ok , ok...not all of the housework, we didn't get to the patio storage room but that's not a big deal.
Saturday night was so up in the air!
I wanted to take my friend Mandy out to dinner for her birthday but scheduling conflicts got in the way so we had to reschedule. David and E were supposed to see Uncle Jared play football but it was rained out. So, what did we do instead?

We took Ethan out to see Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs.
I have to admit, it was a pretty darn cute movie! Granted, there were some parts that we could have done without and just a tiny smidgen of language that wasn't great but still...the over all theme and message were fantastic.
One thing I loved, besides Steve, was the fact that all the dads in this movie weren't portrayed as lazy dolts as other famous cartoon dads.
Sadly, most kids won't even notice this but as a mom who really sees the importance of the father figure and how much quickly our culture is shoving them out the door...this was truly refreshing to see!
In fact, at one point a dad, after showing his son how much he loves him, was telling him "I love you, son." and the little guy looked at him and said "I know, Dad, you tell me all the time!"
It was SO sweet!
On to Sunday...
I barely made it through church! The sermon was GREAT and our pastor is never ever boring but I think the Comet fumes from Saturday finally took their toll and I had the WORST headache. After we got home and at lunch, I slept for more than 4 hours!
Once I got up we had to make a mad dash up to church where our friend was being ordained as a deacon. It was a great time of fellowship and certainly an occasion to be celebrated!!
Afterward, I met with my accountability partner.
She's amazing. I just love her dedication to the Lord and her committment to teaching her four children His ways. She really listens and challenges me to be a better Christian.
Anyway...that was my weekend in a nutshell - or, blog, rather.
1 comment:
whew! busy busy busy. but what accomplishments!
Post a Comment