I got this set from my aunt three years ago.
It was passed down to her when she moved to Texas from Germany where she was stationed in the Army.
As a single mom, her church rallied around her and furnished her entire home.
This set came from a lady who was getting ready to move into a retirement home and no longer had space for it. Her family wanted her to sell it but she wanted to give it to a family who needed it.
My aunt and uncle did the exact same thing. Instead of selling their antique dining set, they gave it to us! We were using an old table we found at an antique store. It was a piece of junk.
Question: I think I want to line the back of the hutch in light blue scrapbook or wall paper. Do you think it'll look silly? The things I collect are mostly milk glass and jadeite so I think they'll coordinate.
Opinions please!
Another one of my favorites is that mirror.
I got it at a yard sale for $8.
The woman I bought it from said that it was her grandmothers and that she just wanted it to go to a good home. I planned on painting it but after I saw how well it matched my dining set, I decided to leave it as is.
This picture has a few things I love in it. First, the stain and grain of the wood of the table. Second, my FAVORITE THING EVER - the FireKing pitcher. Third, the silver (or really good imitation silver) I bought at a yard sale last week for $2 for the whole group! I was pretty excited.
99% of everything I have in that room was either gifted to us or purchased at a yard sale/antique mall for cheap!
**oh, and I'll be changing the color of the apartment soon...any good light tan/white color ideas?**
1 comment:
Very pretty furniture... I love old stuff too!
Post a Comment