Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Survey

Stop by My Messy Nest, where Kate is having this Mr. Linky Christmas Survey, and join the fun!!!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper

2. Real tree or Artificial? I'm with Kate...I love the idea of real but I prefer fake

3. When do you put up the tree? Weekend after Thanksgiving (The day after is for shopping)

4. When do you take the tree down? About New Year

5. Do you like eggnog? Ew. No. Raw eggs.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? My Barbie Mansion or my Big Wheel!

8. Easiest person to buy for? Ethan!

9. Do You have a nativity scene? Nope, the only one I've fallen in love with is the Willow Tree one which is SUPER expensive and I can't shell out that kind of money for it...and it NEVER goes on sale.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? ....what? What are Christmas cards? I'm the worst at mailing Christmas cards.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A book by a prosperity gospel author. It was the worst because they were so excited to give it to me and I had to work REALLY hard at looking excited.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? ELF!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I started mid November this year

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Perhaps....(see number 11)

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Ham. Stuffing.

16. Lights on the tree? White and lots of 'em.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Sure it's not the most theologically correct song, but I love it.



18. Travel for Christmas or stay home? Either as long as I get to see family.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? I always forget one. And it's NEVER the same one.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? BOTH!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Secularism

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love Christ centered ornaments that aren't gawdy

24. Favorite Christmas dinner? Again?

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Digital camera, a new purse or shopping money for the day after Christmas!

4 comments:

Katie said...

I like that song too...I mean, whats not to love about Dave?

Laura said...

I agree . . . wrapping paper totally wins over gift bags!! ;)

Re: Van Johnson

You'll have to tell me how you like it!!! In The Good Old Summertime is one of my very favorites . . . I'm glad they are starting with it.

Laura said...

Yep! It is the old version of 'You've Got Mail'. Then there was another version 'Shop Around The Corner' before it . . . as much as I love Jimmy Steward. In The Good Old Summertime is better. :D

Oo! I haven't done that yet! I would be more than happy to make a list. :D Sounds fun!

Holly said...

I am in love with the Willow Tree nativity set, too! I'm hoping to start buying pieces of it next year and just adding a little to the collection each year since it's so expensive.