And I'm probably going to lose a few of you because of this...
I watched Britney: For The Record.
Sunday night I went over to a friend's house at 9pm. We were ready to find out the REAL story on Britney Spears and her breakdown.
Coffee in hand, we sat down to enjoy the *uninterrupted debut* of this so-called documentary. I must say, I found myself more sympathetic than I had anticipated. She came across more sane and sincere then I thought she would. At one point, my companion (who shall remain nameless) and I commented on how she should be friends with us.
Oh, and I was NOT thrilled that Madonna made an appearance. She worries me (but that's another blog for another day).
I'm going to expand on that next-to-last thought. Britney should be friends with us. Let me explain:
First off, not only could I NEVER be a celebrity I don't think that I would make a good friend for a celebrity. I am WAY too out spoken and I do quite a few embarrassing things that would most likely catch somebodies attention. That and I am not fond of paparazzi. Seriously...do you guys watch TMZ? I don't know how that line of work isn't illegal: invasion of privacy, stalking, taking and printing unauthorized photos. I'd have a few too many words for them.
Second, I'm pretty loyal but not so loyal that I would completely abandon my morals or good judgement. I think Brit needs that. Hollywood (the celebrity side of it, at least) is full of people trying to get a leg up. Trying to "make it." The second they do they turn their backs and sell your story to another tabloid. Lame. I would SO not do that. Like I mentioned above, I have no intention of gaining any kind of fame and I really do believe in TRUE friendships. I also believe in accountability.
Third, I would SO walk around barefoot with her.
Fourth, I know that ONLY Jesus Christ can save her. I know Him, He knows me. I could totally introduce her and it would be my honor to see her grow in her faith - for God's glory. What a testimony that would be! Imagine it: Britney Spears. Her life heading in a downward spiral. Then, suddenly, she comes out of it and gives all credit and glory to God - to JESUS CHRIST. And then, she starts living it. Graciously and boldly. Wow. Imagine the interviews. Imagine her testimony. Just think of all the people who watcher her, listen to her and have encounters with her that she could impact.
Fifth, I love Starbucks too!
**Britney, if you're reading this (yeah, right), EMAIL ME! We will be your friends. If/when you stop by Dallas for your Circus tour we can grab some coffee...you won't regret it.
So, did I lose you?
Looks like I'm adding her to my prayer list along with John Mayer. Yeah, yeah, I know I'm a dork. Whatever. :)
11 comments:
I don't think documentary on her is at all wrong. Now, if you were having a party in honour of a new album she was coming out with... then maybe it'd be another story. :P
I think this post was very honest, loving, and heartfelt. I think more people need to realize that just because we're Christians doesn't mean we shun everyone who isn't or look down on them. Your post is prove. My heart aches for girls like Britney. She's probably a really sweet girl, just was raised without morals of Christ as her cornerstone. I pray that before the end of her life here on earth she will accept Jesus as her saviour. That she will realizes she does need Him.
Blessings!
Gosh, your friend must be a freak to want to watch a Britney documentary with you. Especially if you two planned it right before church service started! :)
I AM STILL YOUR FRIEND!!! LOL...you made me laugh! I think its great she is on your prayer list! XOXO
i have been praying for that poor girl for about 2 years now. she needs all the prayers she can get.
oh and im cracking up on E loving if i had a million dollars, Ds favorite part is "havent you always wanted a monkey" but i have to laugh when a 3 yr old voice says "but not a real fur coat, thats cruel"
im so glad you love it, i do too.
I loved this entry! I've thought that about a few of these celebs and how if they could find a "true" friend that introduces them to Jesus what a difference it would make in their life and in the lives of others.
Keep praying for her...God can change anyone and use anyone!
Janis
I watched it, too. I also found myself feeling really, really sad for her. This was a great post!
Have you heard Bebo Norman's song on his latest album called "Britney"? I ask because it is a great song about how the world can really strip someone of its real worth, and how we as Christians should be there for the victims (whether they put themselves there willingly or not). You can go to his myspace page and listen to it:
http://www.myspace.com/bebonorman
lol I have had the same thought before... she needs someone who is saved in her life. But...so many do! You didn't lose me. However, I am going to boycott you for the nest 7 minutes. That will teach you!
Kidding!
God bless-
Amanda
I am sad I didn't get to see it.. :( But you didn't lose me!
psst..don't tell anyone, but I even listen to her music..
Post a Comment