More Randoms
51. I once went to a seminar and was instructed to no long ask "How are you doing?" when greeting somebody, instead I should ask "What has become more clear you to lately?" Yeah, I see that happening.
52. I think it's pretty sad that ABCNews posted a story about Joe the Plumber's tax debt. Seriously, he is just a man who asked a question. Why are his private tax matters any of our business? Shame on you ABCNews. Focus on what really matters: the election.
53. PDA grosses me out. Except holding hands, I think that's acceptable. And hugging, that's not so bad in moderation. Kissing though...
54. I am really excited about Thanksgiving and Christmas! I usually dread the holidays but not this year! Bring them on!
55. I love checking the mail. Usually all that's in there are bills and junk but the anticipation of maybe, possibly getting a surprise is worth it all.
56. I love documentaries.
57. I collect Fireking Jadeite, Hobnail milkglass and dust bunnies.
58. I think my blog is awkward and boring...but for some reason you read it.
59. I had a dream the other night that I got to meet and hang out with New Kids on the Block. I guess it's because I can't see them in concert on Saturday night. :( Another childhood dream, shattered.
60. I love to listen to preachers on the radio, but only certain ones: John MacArthur, Jack Graham, Al Mohler, Alistair Begg and Robert Jeffress
Faith and Doctrine
61. The prosperity gospel scares and sickens me.
62. The John MacArthur Commentary is the best one I've ever used.
63. I read the Holman Christian Standard Version of the Bible but I also like the NASB and ESV.
64. I steer clear of The Message and The Good News Bible.
65. I am currently studying the book of Ruth. I will, Lord willing, present it as the next Bible study for the women's ministry I "lead" at my church.
66. I teach 4th - 6th grade Sunday School and LOVE it. I love my kiddos!
67. I believe in God's sovereign grace...if you want to know what that means e-mail me!
68. I consider myself a Southern Baptist.
69. I would love to meet CJ Mahaney and his wife, Al Mohler, John MacArthur and John Piper.
70. We should all be praying for our Iraqi brothers and sisters in Christ, they are enduring heavy persecution right now!
Things I've Wanted To Be...
71. Horse Trainer
72. Marine Biologist (what little girl didn't want to be this at some point?)
73. Chef
74. Stage Manager for Saturday Night Live
75. Forest Ranger
76. Game Warden
77. Police Officer
78. Women's Minister
79. Christian Councilor
80. Chief of the Cherokee Nation (I'm not kidding)
Things That Make Me Laugh
81. Babies laughing
82. The Office and The Big Bang Theory
83. The word 'crap'
84. This music video...it's actually a really good re-do (clean re-do) of a Jay-Z song done by my friend's sister's friend. (Did you follow that?)
85. Demetri Martin (watch out for the language!)
86. My husband and his wacky sense of humor
87. When Ethan blows raspberries on my tummy
88. Weird Al (sorry, it's true)
89. Practical jokes
90. When my father-in-law wears "skater shoes"
More Randoms
91. I love red hair...I wish I had red hair
92. I'm going to participate in early voting - why wait if you can go early and avoid all the lines?
93. I could use a good foot rub...any volunteers?
94. I am currently reading Worldliness
95. While I'll miss our old youth minister, I am REALLY excited about being on the search committee to find the new one!
96. http://www.carm.org/
97. My elbows are double jointed
98. I am actually excited about Ethan being interested in playing hockey! Although, I still wish he'd show more interest in baseball.
99. I have a tan line from my flip flops year round
100. John 3:30
101. I love this song:
4 comments:
we love your blog because you are like us!
you just want to please God with your lifestyle, you backslide occasionally (who doesnt our daily phrase is "i keep on doing stupid things")but you dont pretend to be perfect. you like the office! and if you dont like the office (or gouda) then you just dont know anything!
we teach sunday school (k-5 for me)
we get grossed out by people making out at the mall.
we love laughing babies!
and we love you!
Ok, #51 is hilarious. I probably would have giggled in their face and been asked to leave.
And #61, me too. Gives me cold chills and makes me downright upset.
Lists are so fun and yours was fun to read! I laughed at your first one (#51)! Yea right! :)
Wow! How does that feel? Kinda scary to put yourself out there... but awesome!!!
When I wrote about The Message, I had people totally disagree with me. It was awful! Its hard to know the Truth about the Word and to have poeple disreguard it in favor of 'easy' reading.
I loved your list and am impressed you did it and think you are a neat lady!!
Hows the little one? Any progress?
God bless-
Amanda
Post a Comment