What do I want this blog to be about?
I know it may seem silly to be covering this on post #137ish but I feel like it's necessary to see where we've been and determine where we're going:
If you want to know more about me read HERE.
For the sad truth about my hillbilly upbringing go HERE.
For an idea of my "style" take a look HERE and HERE.
For proof of my dorkiness (like you all need it) look HERE, HERE and, ugh, HERE.
To see where my heart is read HERE and, most importantly HERE.
It's been a long and wild ride. But I feel a change brewin'. I really want this blog to honor God, so I commit to posting a blog once a week (at least) to help my bloggy readers to grow a little or think a little more deeply about the things of the Lord.
I want this blog to help you all live more simple and sincere lives in the Lord so from this point out I will commit to sharing my ideas for having a more godly household whether it be in warm and welcoming decor, relationships among family members and neighbors, great recipes or whatever. Hopefully, we'll get a home computer and a new digital camera so I can show you all my flat. (Ok, ok, apartment.)
I also want this to be a personal blog. I want to share with you all my joy, my pain, my accomplishments, my struggles. I want you all to know the funny things my son is saying. The sweet things my husband does. Or even the wacky things the girls and I do.
I am very tired of living spontaneously. Ethan has structure and routine (otherwise our home would be absolute chaos) but I am not very intentional with how I manage time, my thoughts or even my blabberings on here. I need to honor the Lord by having a more controlled tongue and not writing about things just for the sake of writing about things.
My friend Krissy told me a quote, I don't know if it's from a book she's reading or otherwise: "If you cannot improve on the silence, don't speak." So. Don't be surprised if there's a day or two where you don't hear from me. It's because I don't want to spew all of my ungodly complaining, gossip, slander or other verbal yuck all over the internet.
Whew. I feel so much better getting all of this off of my chest.
THE CHALLENGE
Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable - if there is any moral excellence and if there is any praise - dwell on these things. Philippians 4:8
Stop for 5 minutes today and examine the way to talk (or type). Look at the things you say, not just what you say, but the intention of your heart when you say them. Pray to the Lord about the way you use your tongue and ask Him for help to control it in a God-honoring way.
3 comments:
I prayed last night for a friend of mine, and for my friendship with him. Out friendship is something I have never particularly card for, but I see that he needs someone to care about him; that need having fallen in my lap is therefore my duty to tend to, even if I’m only going to be around him until January. It’s also my duty to point out to the others in a circle what not having a close friend is doing to this man.
Thank you for this post, it’s greatly helping my reflection over this matter.
I have enjoyed your blog, ramblings and all. I hope you get your organization to a place you feel is right. I'm struggling with my blog as well. I often post off the seat of my pants because other things in my life are important and I have little time to really focus on what I'm saying half the time.
Found you by way of Liz, and I am liking what you have written. I am obiviously older that you, but your thoughts and words are wise. I too have been contemplating more structure to my blog. I usually jump up and post, not very intentionally and would like to be more intentional instead of spontaneous. I like you quote about silence by the way, very wise. Will be back. Jackie
Post a Comment