Thursday, September 25, 2008

Make Me Believe, Like They Believe

Mountains groan
And seas roar
Because all they know
Is You for who You are
Bright, Morning Star
Jesus, make me believe
Like they believe



This morning I was listening to the CD Clean by Shane & Shane and this portion of the song really struck me as amazing.

In Sunday School we've been covering creation and how through Christ all things were spoken into being - He said "Let there be..." and it was - no hesitation, no reservation, no defiance.

Think about the animals we see in Scripture: Daniel and the Lion's den, for instance. Daniel refused to petition any god other than the Lord God and he was thrown into the lion's den. Because of Daniel's faith, the Lord sent angels to shut the mouths of the lions. Do you think the lions argued with the angels? Do you think they buckled under the Lord's authority?

How about the talking donkey? Bet some of you didn't know there was a talking donkey in the Bible. Check out Numbers 22:22-30. The donkey had been beaten three times by Balaam because it was in complete submission to the Lord and would not move as the Angel blocked their path. So the Lord allowed the donkey to talk and confront Balaam. It wasn't until the Lord opened Balaam's eyes that he saw the Angel of the Lord. Interesting...the donkey could see the Angel but the man could not until his eyes were opened...

Wonder why that is? Animals know who the Lord is and they do not question His authority, they do not sin against Him. When Adam and Eve ate of the fruit all of creation was disciplined even though the rest of creation never rebelled against the Lord.

When thinking about all of this I couldn't help but recall where Jesus said "I tell you, if they were to keep silent, the stones would cry out!" So, right over to Luke 19 I flew. Did you know that the Pharisees we're yelling to Jesus to have His disciples stop praising Him as King? They (Pharisees) did not believe He was the Messiah (which He is).

Do you believe He is the Messiah? If so, are you praising Him? If we, as believers, hold back our praise, the stones will cry out in our place!

One other thought...I forget where I heard it but did you know that the only thing created that blushes is man? We are the only part of creation that has any reason to blush. Interesting...

4 comments:

Crystal Victoria said...

Isnt it amazing that the animals are the ones who didnt even sin, (which I would think makes sense with them not the ones NEEDING to blush) but still got thrown into this mess with us. They have better spiritual eyes than us and we put ourselves in control of training them to be "smart". Ironic isnt it? lol. Yet another way we are completely blind.

Liz Harrell said...

I've never really thought about this. Great post.

Sarah Mae said...

Good thoughts! I think blushing is good - we have a conscience and sometimes we do things that should cause us to blush!

By the way, I love Shane & Shane - been wanting the Clean album for awhile!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear thank you for sharing some of your on fire spirit!!! I must have needed to hear that today...so thank you and thank Jesus!

Great thoughts and great messages.

You are such a precious child of the King!

Many blessings-
Amanda
Amanda