Today is the last day to get in on the giveaway! Go HERE to find out more about it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tonight is Meet the Teacher night at Ethan's new school. I am very excited for my little guy to start Pre-K. He's going to have so much fun and, Lord willing, he'll do very well.
We always used to tell Ethan he had to be 5 before he could go to school. Well, we had never considered that he might be able to go to Pre-K, since we didn't qualify. This year the State decided that all children adopted through CPS qualified for half-day Pre-K. This has caused quite a bit of confusion.
Ethan is only 4. He thinks he is now 5. He doesn't understand that he's not 5 until his birthday. Then this morning, on our way to my mom's house, he starts singing "Happy Birthday to Ethan". So, because of the State of Texas my child has forgotten that his real birthday is "Otober tenty-north" (that's Ethan for October 24th). Thanks Texas.
Which leads me to my second point of today:
I am an Okie.

I was born and raised half a mile from Lake Tenkiller near Tahlequah (go HERE to see where that is) in the foothills of the Ozark Mountains. I only live in Texas because my mom made me move here in high school and I fell in love with a Texan before I could escape. If it weren't for that fact, you better your buns I'd either be back in Tahlequah or living in NW Arkansas
I just wanted to dispel any rumors that I was, in fact, a Texan - which I'm not, I'm a proud Okie. I bleed burgundy, sing Boomer Sooner when I don't realize it and have a strange love of Indian Fry Bread (my Granny's recipe of course).
10 comments:
Oh, the shame I feel being your friend with all this unnecessary talk about how great OK is.
Its just un-American.
Ahhh yes, Boomer Sooner. I've got a family member that shares your affection. :)
Mmmmm... NW Arkansas. I'd like to get back up there myself.
I am with Kate...this could technically be treason against Texas!! (*searching for tar and feathers*)
LOL, I have a simular speach about being a Canadian in the states. It's not that I have anything against the states, but I love Vancouver B.C.
October 24th will be here soon enough, and then it won't matter.
Okay, here is the title for this post...
OK...okay?!?!?!?
(Does anybody get it?...lol) Oh well, I tried :)
Feeling loyalty to your state must not be a Pacific Northwestern kind of thing...I love living in my state but I have absolutely NO idea what our sports teams are, what our song would be or anything. Your fierce OK pride is admirable :)
you are too cute! :) hope ethan enjoys pre-k!
Tenty north is TOO cute!
Good luck at meet the teacher!
signed,
A PROUD Texan ;)
I hope you had a nice time at Meet the Teacher night.
Well, don't worry, I won't hold that one glaring defect of not being a natural-born Texan against you..I'll still be your friend..sounds like you need all the Texan friends you can get to remind you of how blessed you are that we allow you "Okies" in our state!! hahaha!
My husband's family lives in NW Arkansas...GORGEOUS! We miss it.
Post a Comment