Thursday, June 19, 2008

What's Goin' On & More Good Stuff

It dawned on me that lately I haven't written much about what's going on with my family and life so today I'm going to take care of that.

Ethan is doing pretty well. He's becoming more and more hyper which means we may need to adjust his medication. I know those of you out there who are anti-ADHD medication just cringed but after NINE DAYCARES we had to do something to keep him in one. Yesterday though, he almost had to move on to number 10. For some reason he went number 2 in his undies during his nap. He's never had an accident like this so it was quickly forgiven...poor guy had to wear a diaper for the rest of the day though.

David is also doing well. Once he gets his test results in he's going to start applying for a new job. He wants to be an electrician but with the way the economy is going he's going to look for some other options that would pay a little better starting out. Hopefully, within the next year or two I'll be able to start staying home and homeschooling Ethan.

I know, all you anti-homeschoolers just cringed but seriously...E has ADHD and Oppositional Defiant Disorder - do you really think I'd put him into a public school with 25 other kids in his class? His poor teacher would be bald (from pulling his/her hair out) by the end of the first week and the other kids wouldn't learn a thing - all because Ethan wants to do his own thing. We have had an evaluation by the public schools to see if he would qualify for special ed and they said that he falls between the cracks. Long story here, I'll spare you.

Now it's my turn. I am ok. Kimba blogged today about forgetting to rejoice and I have to admit that I am very guilty of being a slave to my legalism and trying to keep up with the world - and you know what Jesus said about that?! (WARNING: Roughly quoted Scripture ahead!) If you're a friend of the world, you're the enemy of God - eek! Anyway, I'm trying to remember to preach the Gospel to myself daily and rest in His gracious loving arms.

Tonight is the Bible study...I'm very excited but I don't feel preprared. I have a little more planning to do and then I'll be good to go. Afterward, we're having a girls night out! I love Thursdays, I get to share my faith with my friends AND have a fun night away. I think we're going to play games and I am super excited about - TRIBOND!!!!!
I haven't posted about Days 2 & 3 yet so I guess I'll do that now. Both days I watched my portions, didn't walk (darn it!), drank one bottle of water (one each day, not combined), and I ate breakfast both days! YES! I feel like I am making some progress if only I'd start walking more. I don't know if doing these things for the last 3 days really amounts to anything but I have lost 1 pound. Climbing harness...here I come!

You guys want to know more of my favorite things? Probably not but I like doing this so here they are:
If you don't know who these guys are....
we can't be friends.

I love vintage ads. Look at how thrilled this little guy is.

It's true. I have an irrational love of Scrabble.

Leeland. They are pretty much amazing!

Love me some Scrubs.

Yum!

David Crowder Band.

3 comments:

Christina said...

Have fun at Bible study!

P.S. My husband is an electrician!

P.S.S. I <3 NKOTB!

P.S.S. I homeschool all 4 of my kids. Well, the 4th is only 3, but she's learning. :)

Growing in Grace said...

I hope your hubby is "Hanging Tough" with the job situation...and I think you homeschooling is "The Right Stuff!"

See a theme here? :o)

Liz Harrell said...

I'll say a prayer today that God will bless you and allow you the opportunity to stay home with your sweet son. I must work (as I've lamented before) and that's why we have remained a childless couple. I really pull for women who want to stay home but have obsticles, I guess I identify. :)