Two years ago my hubby and I got to adopt our sweet son, Ethan. Life has been CRAZY ever since! He's a wild little guy who is full of joy and love but can be quite a handful if you're not focusing on him; like when you're folding clothes or making dinner.
David and I don't really have a lot of babysitters and very rarely get to go out, just the two of us. We've kind of been feeling isolated and (confession time) jealous of couples who get time away with their spouses for that oh-so-special time of rejuvenation and rest.
When we adopted Ethan they told about all these different services and ministries for parents of adopted children and parents of special needs children but we haven't taken advantage of them. The main reason is that we feel like we have a great marriage and a pretty amazing church and therefore we would rather not take the place of some people who really do need the networking. Here lately though, we've been DYING for a chance to get away, take some parenting classes and meet some people who know what we're going through.
Let me just clarify one thing: our friends and family are FANTASTIC! We appreciate their prayers, their caring attitudes, accepting Ethan without question, loving him, putting up with David and I and EVERYTHING they do for us. There's just something refreshing about meeting other couples who have similar situations - it gives me hope and helps me realize "Hey - stop being a little girl, pull up your big-girl panties (as Kate would say) and keep a-movin'! They are doing this and are doing fine - you can too!".
With all that said - we got an invitation to stay at the DoubleTree Hotel in Dallas (near the Galleria), attend some parenting and couples' classes and get some r&r. I'm pretty excited! The retreat is June 20th-22nd and is ALL EXPENSE PAID - They even reimburse you for your THE CHILDCARE expenses since this is a "parents only" retreat!
Seriously - I cried when I opened the envelope and read all that this retreat has to offer us! Doesn't our God take care of ALL of our needs? I'm so humbled and thankful for His grace, love and goodness. I just can't believe He loves me - I just can't. He is AMAZING!
1 comment:
I'm so happy that God sent you the gift you needed. Have lots of fun!
Post a Comment