Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I Don't Like Naming Blogs

I can't seem to be able to think of good names for blog titles...I need to find a creative solution for this problem.


Lately, a lot of things have been changing for me. It's all kind of strange.


1. I've gotten more into eating fresh "all natural" kinds of foods - even more organics. It's harder on the budget but it's better for the environment and (most importantly, in my opinion) for our health.


2. I have found within me a deep want, almost need, to sew and embroider things. Anything actually...everything...if you want it embroidered I'll do it. It might not look like anything but, it'll be embroidered.


3. I've gotten into making our own finger paint and play dough, now I want to make my own household cleaning supplies and laundry soap.


4. I seem to be sticking with eating better. Today a good friend of mine bought me a candy bar, I ate literally 1/4 of it. I'll eat 1/4 of it everyday until it's gone. This way I get my sweet treat without too many calories. I had the kind of moment recently where I realized no matter how many times I start to work on getting healthy I need to stick with it. - consistency is the key. I need to choose something and do it! So, I'm trying to cook more from scratch and use as many "all natural" ingredients as I can, watch my portion sizes, take vitamins, walk 5 days a week and do weights 2-3 times a week. Simple? Yes. Easy? No. Will I do it? Lord willing, yes!


5. My style and the things I like are changing. See for yourself:

Old "Dream Room":

















New "Dream Room":















My friend, Kate, over at My Messy Nest, says it looks like an ad for a depression medication. The first one is "before" medication and the second is "after" medication.

Welp, I'd better go.
~Amanda

1 comment:

Liz Harrell said...

I personally love the second picture! But sometimes, it depends on the time of year. In the winter I want everything clean and white. And in the spring, I have to fight the urge to paint everything pink!