I'm pretty good at making two things: plans and lists. I'm not, however, any good at accomplishing what I've planned. So, in hoping that I'll actually follow through on my goals this year, here is what I'd like to do:
1. Clean and Organize the Garage
2. Set up a functioning system for mail, bills and laundry
3. Learn to play my guitar
4. Finish decorating my house (bedroom, living room)
5. Start Crown's Money Map and complete to Destination 3
6. Buy a house
7. Walk for 45 minutes 5 days a week
7.5 Eat Better
8. Paint E's room
9. Get a professional massage (never had one before!)
10. Have a consistantly functioning Women's Ministry
This is just to begin with - I'll be editting this on and off so check back often!
1 comment:
I know what you mean about making plans and lists but not following through. In addition to making a list of big things, do you do daily or weekly to do lists?
Before I go to bed I sit next to my big goal list, and then I write out tomorrow’s To Do List. While most of the things written down will be very generic (laundry, go to fabric store.) because I’m sitting next to my grand hopes for my life list, things tend to steer towards that direction in baby steps (set up debt payments, make naturopath appointment, etc). Even when I don’t get to what’s on my list (set up debt payments took weeks before I got up the guts to actually make that call) the items get re-written on the next days to do list, and each time I re-write an item I’m a little big closer to actually doing it. It’s helped me move towards the life I want (almost out of debt by the way). I put the to do list next to my alarm clock, so it’s the first thing I see in the morning.
I also find that setting up a to do list helps me sleep better. All of the items get taken out of my head and put on a piece of paper, so I’m free to dream.
Post a Comment