Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Teetering Near Toppling

I just love hanging out with my mentor group, they are so encouraging
but still know how to hold you accountable.

Last night they told me that my plate is still too full and they suggested that I back out of a couple of things. I just don't know what to back out of!!! You guys have read my list of responsibilities before so you know how I've got my hands in everything.


I feel a lot like that coffee cup (above). Stacks and stacks of things to do and I'm just teetering on the edge of having it all together and total disaster. Do I enjoy having a lot to do - YES! I feel it keeps me out of trouble. When I get bored, I spend money. When I spend money, I get in trouble. To avoid the hassle of having to explain why we need another lamp, I medicate by never saying no.

If you need anything done, I'm the girl to ask - I never say no.

I've never shied away from a challenge, I'm tough and I'm organized (or at least, I like to think I am) so I always feel up for a challenge. Not to mention, I'm a people pleaser and I take friendships/professional relationships/family VERY seriously.

It would KILL me to let somebody down or not meet a need.




I know that where I am and how I'm overloading myself is dangerous. It's easy to forget that just one small wrecking ball could come through and topple everything.

At this point, it wouldn't take much to completely derail all of this and cause me to go completely off my rocker.

Still though, I am trusting in the Lord to keep me and help me to lie down in green pastures, lead me by still waters and restore my soul. I know that His yoke is easy and His burden is light.

While I don't feel like I've been released from any of the places I am currently serving in, I am praying that He will make it clear to me what I can step away from so that I can focus on taking care of my husband, son, home and ministry to the best of my abilities.

How about you, how's your yoke?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're contemplating all of this! :) Feel free to call me if you want to talk more. Much love!