While my husband is out shooting at wild hogs, I'll be hitting up some garage sales (depending on weather), a few antique malls and spring cleaning.
I've been given a small budget to makeover our son's room,
the living room
and the master bedroom.
I'm excited to see how much I can do with a small amount!
I'm even more excited to show you all the transformation!
- Switch from cardboard boxes to tubs in the garage -
- Buy an Ikea Markor bookcase for the living room -
- Queen headboard -
- Find cute blackout curtains for the bedrooms -
- Score a sweet deal on an Amish style bench -
- Get some hanging plants for the patio -
- Organize the laundry room -
I have a really hard time getting inspiration for decorating my apartment!!
We live in a standard 1000+ square foot two bedroom apartment.
We're not allowed to paint.
We have awful carpet (even in one of our bathrooms - BLECH!), linoleum tile in kitchen
and vertical blinds that cannot be removed.
There's just nothing out there for decorating under these conditions!
Woe unto me!
~~~~
....and I'm done!


4 comments:
I say carpet tiles for the bathroom, area rugs or carpet tiles for the bedrooms and living spaces. You can take them all the way to the walls and cover the existing carpet plus take them with you when you move someday. Also, CUTE curtains that blackout at target and bed bath and beyond
Do you have a Homegoods? You can find some good deals there. I'm not real confidenct with repainting or staining furniture, but that's another option. Have you seen this blog for ideas? http://www.theletteredcottage.net/
I live in military housing so I feel your pain about the decorating (¬ being able to paint) thing!
girl, i've seen your apartment. it is homey, lovely, warm, and fun. it has style and class and you should not feel limited, because constantly in that apartment i was saying, "i love that!" so while i feel your pain, i am jealous of your pad.
Post a Comment