Sorry to keep you all hanging, I didn't want to tell a whole lot of people (especially those who I work with) exactly what was going on until I had some definite answers.
David and I have been praying for quite some time {I'm talking years, here} about the career path that the Lord is calling him to. Many times through the years the military has been put on our hearts but, until now, the timing has been our main issue.
Last month, the Army was brought up to us again. We prayed and prayed and decided the Air Force would be a better fit but that was certainly not the case as the Lord lead us back to the Army.
So, Saturday we met with an Army recruiter.

I have to be honest, I've never seen my husband more excited - well, besides our wedding day and at Ethan's adoption. He's never "gushed" about an opportunity like he has with this one.
We learned that he's got a few "fires to put out" before he can actually enlist so we're going to get him signed up for some college courses and get him started on some physical training.
Looks like it'll be about a year before he can enlist but we're excited and still praying that this is where the Lord would have us go!
Thank you all for praying for something so anticlimactic as this - I really thought the Army would be dying for young, healthy men to enlist so I was sure (aside from some testing) that he would sign some kind of agreement Saturday.
I'll be sure to keep you all up to date on the latest news on his enlistment!
~
Let me add just a few more things...
I am very proud of David for making this decision. I have never seen him more excited or motivated when it comes to a career.
I am excited by the opportunities for our family to have a solid foundation, the chance for me to be a SAHM, for David to grow and mature in new ways and even for the adventure of going new places and trying new things.
While I'm nervous about change, I know this could be a GREAT thing for our family.
Ok, I'm done now!
:)
7 comments:
What a major decision that will effect your entire family. But if that's his calling all you can do is support him.
wow, not what i was expecting.
but yay to being on a new path!
I'm very excited for you and you know, when GOD opens the doors, you just have to trust that his timing and his path is perfect! I can't wait to see how He works in the next year to prepare your family for this change!
WOW!! Yeah!! I am so excited for you both... for him to pursue a dream AND be honoring Gods will and then for you to be able to stay at home... its just AMAZING Amanda!! And I know you two would never enter into that decision without giving it to God... so YEAH you!!!
So proud of you and excited for you!!!
Blessings-
AManda
I'm soooo happy for you guys...sounds like your hubby has made a great choice! Thanks for coming by and the sweet comment:)
Blessings,
Linda
I bet he is SUPER stoked :)
Im pretty excited because you'll be a MilWife too...GET READY sista!!!!
have yall picked out what kind of job your DH will be doing? or are yall waitin until the ASVAB scores come in to start lookin?
Does E know? He will be PUMPED to see daddy in uniform next year :D
I'll be praying for you and if you need to talk to an Army wife, email me (my3gifts at aol.com), we've been married for almost 13 years and Chad's been in for almost 16 yrs! Praying for you as you continue to follow and obey the LORD.
Post a Comment