Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Latest

Since I've been taking a bit of a blogging break - kinda - I thought I would update you all on what's been going on in the Kennedy home. I'll break it down list style like I always do.

~ I am eating cheesecake as I type this.

~ We are getting ready to move on the 30th of October. We are staying in the same apartment complex but moving to a bigger and (hopefully) safer home. I'm super excited about it! We're going to have them paint an accent wall in the kitchen and we're going to paint the rest of the apartment a nice beige color WITHOUT pink undertones.

~ Still trying to find Hubs a better gig. Hopefully with more time home and equal (or more) pay.

~ Getting ready for Ethan's 6th birthday party! This is the cake I'm going to attempt to make for him. I have no birthday planning or cake building skills so this should be interesting!

This is the agenda for the party:

1. Shields and Princess Hat crafts with their Royal Names.
2. Pizza lunch
3. Free play
4. Cake and ice cream



~ Dad and Sheryln are coming down for Ethan's birthday this weekend. I am beyond excited! They are the most grounded and hilarious people I know.

~ I am officially the Women's Ministry Director at my church. I've been working on building this ministry for the last four years and have had quite a bit of resistance.

Recently, we decided to open the position of Women's Ministry Director up to the ladies of the church. Since I am only 26 years old and it's more Biblical to have an older woman teach and disciple the younger ones we announced that we were looking for an older woman who has the Titus 2 qualifications to lead the ministry. Sadly, no one stood up to take it on with the exception of myself.

~ We have plans every weekend until late November. It's good to be busy but I miss weekends when we didn't have anything planned.

~ I still want to homeschool.

~ Ethan's doing GREAT at school! He is making lots of friends and can read!!!

~ I am going to buy some canvases and paint and let Ethan make his own artwork for his room. What kind of paints should I buy for him to use? I'm artistically challenged.

~ I am so NOT ready for Christmas!

~ I will attempt to make apple crisp from scratch soon - any recipe ideas or tips?

~ Why do elementary schools do fundraisers back to back? Two weeks after E's school wrapped up the 2010 Passbook fundraiser they sent him home with Otis Spunkmeyer cookie order form. I'm afraid we're going to be broke by the end of the school year and have more cookies, coupons and wrapping paper than we'll know what to do with.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm all about white macadamian nut! when is it due by? If I get a chance I may get some :)

Good Luck with everything!

What does E want for his birthday?

Liz Harrell said...

You are ONE busy woman! Congrats on the movie and the future painting, I know you're excited about that. And good luck with the Women's Ministry, you'll be great!