It's been a while since I've met with an accountability partner and I'm finding myself struggling to get back into the swing of things. I'm very inconsistent with my QTs and my prayer life has always been something I've struggled with. I'm excited to get back into doing what is most important in my life - being with the Lord - and I am so thankful He has provided a godly woman to hold me accountable! By the way, you need an accountability partner!! We all do! I urge you all to start praying about who God would have for you to partner up with. Seriously.
This is what we do when we meet for our accountability times:
1. Pray!
2. We ask about each other's week.
3. We ask our accountability questions. Here they are for you (credit).
-What principle impacted your life from your quiet times this week?
-Do you feel you have been faithful to share your faith this week?
-Have you spent daily time with God in Bible reading and prayer?
-Have you given 100% effort in your job and home responsibilities?
-Have you been able to express love to those around you?
-Have you had opportunity to express encouragement and praise to your spouse, kids, or another family member?
-Has your thought life been pure?
-What was your biggest joy this week?
-How were you tempted and how did you respond?
-What have you done to enhance your relationship with your spouse?
2. We discuss our memory verse.
3. We discuss the book we've been reading.
4. We assign each other home work. Home work consists of...
- How many QTs to strive for in the next week. Our ultimate goal is one QT for each day. Currently we're working on having 2 a week.
- How many chapters to read out of a book that is meant to help in our spiritual growth.
- Assign a memory verse to go along with each other's struggles.
- Assign various goals to improve our walk: no gossiping, wake up before the rest of the family, work out four times this week, etc.
5. We discuss prayer requests.
6. Pray for help from the Lord, for one another and for the prayer requests mentioned.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just curious...
Do you have an accountability partner?
Do you know of any great accountability questions?
How about tips - do you have any tips for somebody just starting out in this?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up…" Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
3 comments:
I've grown tremendously with my accountability partner! We try to talk multiple times a week to encourage each other. This is a great blog post with multiple accountability lists from several people: http://blogs.lifeway.com/blog/edstetzer/2009/07/accountability-groups.html Check it out! ;)
scratch that ;)
http://www.takethejourney.org/ltg/questions.htm
That has the same, and more!
Wow... that is such a great way to do it!! I have never had one. But I NEED one!!
Blessings-
Amanda
Post a Comment