Today is Friend Makin' Monday (hosted by Kasey at All That Is Good!) and today's task is to tell 10 things you love about summer.
This is the first year since high school I've been at all excited for summer! I used to hate the hot sun, sweating and chlorine but this year, they seem like a perfect combination.
Here are my top 10 things I love about summer:
1. Watermelon. My mouth waters just thinking about it. I'm on South Beach's Phase 1 so I'll have to hold off on watermelon for a while though.
2. We are a family of fish. We could swim all day every day. We swam twice yesterday and once the day before. We even swam on Friday night.
3. Baseball! We don't care if it's my brother-in-law's little league (he's 12) game or watching our favorite Texas Rangers (who are kicking some major tail this year!).
4. Grilling! I've been inspired by Food Network's Grill Week and I've started doing most of the grilling at our house. David loves to grill but he loves throwing the ball with Ethan more so it works out nicely for us. Saturday I grilled chicken breasts and grill baked some potatoes...my favorite.
5. Camping. We took E to my in-laws' campsite a few weeks ago and he did GREAT so at the end of July we're going camping with my aunt and uncle. I can't wait to take him out camping again!
6. Vacation Bible School! I love VBS! Especially this year, I get to teach the Bible class!
7. The sun. My favorite days, by far, are the rainy ones but I have a great appreciation for the nice hot summer days. This is really my first year to love the sun like this...I don't know exactly why I've had a change of heart like this.
8. Floating around on Lake Tenkiller in Oklahoma. It's the most beautiful lake and anytime we're up there we're spending time with family. I can't wait until we go this year!
9. I can wear my flip flops without shame. I wear them year round but you get some pretty strange looks in the middle of January.
10. Cherry Limeades from Sonic. For me, this is a summer time staple. There's nothing like laying out next to the pool with a Route 44 Cherry Limeade. Mmmmm....
6 comments:
Oh great list! I love grilling and swimming!
Happy FMM!
Hey,
I agree with almost everything on your list. How funny we just went swimming at Lake Tenkiller this week and camping at Gore, OK.
Cameron is at VBS right now!! He was saved last year at the end of VBS. So, VBS is very special to us too!
Have a blessed week!
Camping.....I love it!
Texas girl here also....I will have to see about Tenkiller lake in Ok. We are always looking for a new place to camp.
Happy FMM!
Great list! Nothing better than a Cherry Limeade (with extra cherries) while you're soakin up the sun! ;)
VBS is one of the greatest parts of Summer, hands down! Great list! Happy FMM!
ooohhhh Yeah baby, im with you on the cherry limeade!!!! i like mine with extra lime.
Post a Comment