Friday, February 6, 2009

A Heritage

My blessing and amazing accountability partner has suggest that this week we lay aside our usual Quiet Time assignments and do something a little more focused.

With everything that has been going on with Ethan she had the AWESOME idea of studying what the Bible says about children and parenting.

I cannot tell you how excited I am to do this study...I'm even going to carry it along further than just a week. I would love to do a post every Monday about what God is teaching me about children and parenting (and life in general) as I go through this study.

When she suggested it the Psalm 127 came to mind (specifically verses 3-5a)

Sons are a heritage from the LORD,children a reward from him.Like arrows in the hands of a warriorare sons born in one's youth.Blessed is the manwhose quiver is full of them.They will not be put to shamewhen they contend with their enemies in the gate.

The culture that we live in does not see children as a treasure. It sees them as a burden, as a punishment (Obama's speech comes to mind). It sees abortion as a way out, as an escape from being "trapped" and even, sadly, as birth control.

Watch this (cute kid!)



I'm sorry (actually, I'm not) children are NOT choices. You made your choice when you had sex. Now the only fair options come down to - (1)do everything in your power to raise a healthy happy baby or (2)give a family (like mine) the chance to adopt and raise him/her to be a healthy happy baby.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i love laughing little boys! of course your own is always the best :)

Anonymous said...

Hey! I gave you a shout out on my blog.

Later gater!
Amanda

Cute kid!