Wednesday, January 7, 2009

7 Things About Me

My newest blogfriend Heather tagged me (thanks Heather!)!!
Here are 7 things you may not know about me....

1. I have secretly enjoyed watching...of all things...The Speed Channel with my husband. We've been watching Pinks and Pass Time, which are shows about drag racing and a great perk is seeing all of the old vintage cars people race.


2. I have been "broken up with" (he wasn't an official boyfriend) with this line: "If we dated, I'm afraid that you wouldn't be as manly." Makes me wonder about him.



3. Bands I've seen live: Dave Matthews Band 4 times, John Mayer twice, Everclear, Eve 6, Matchbox 20, Dynamite Hack, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters, Dashboard Confessional, Lifehouse (booring), Weezer, Sugar Ray, Smash Mouth, 4Him, Colbie Caillet (sp), Brett Dennen (twice), Taj Majal, Wyclef and a few others I can't think of....

4. I have zero rhythm. But does that keep me from dancing....?


5. I worked an an activity director for an Alzheimer's home for 2 years (almost). It was the most touching job....it has effected me in so many ways. I praise the Lord for the time I had serving there.

6. I care waaaay too much about what other people think of me (and this blog), as if you couldn't tell.


7. I'm addicted to the Sci-Fi Channel's show Ghost Hunters. It's a reality show where this team of paranormal investigators goes into allegedly haunted buildings trying to prove that they are not, in fact, haunted. I like it because these guys don't just go in and think the place is haunted, it has to prove that it is.




Here are the guidelines for this meme:

1. You link back to the person who tagged you (me).


2. You get to “tag” 7 people (or less if you’d like) and link them on your blog, as I'm going to do further down.


3. Be sure to comment on the blogs of others who were tagged.


4. I think it would be a good idea to let them know they've been tagged.

Here's Who I'd Like to Hear From:

1. My bff (besides my hubby) in real life: Kate. Let's see if there's anything I don't know about you. Are you up for the challenge?

2. My sister in Christ and a true inspiration: Leigh. I have really enjoyed getting to know Leigh through her blog...she's so humble and, at the same time, zealous for the the Lord, it's awesome.

3. My accountability puddy, Crystal. Seriously...you guys will be blessed to know this AMAZING woman! She's a single Christian woman whose heart's desire is to glorify God.

4. Shhhhhhhayla! By far the most upbeat and cheery girl I know! I just love her! She's a new believer so run over to her blog and show her some love. She hasn't blogged in a while (and neither has Crystal) but I'll be sure and make them blog soon.........or else.......

5. My sweet blogfriend Amanda. I am so excited to know her! It's so nice to find other believers who are on the same page as you...it has been so refreshing to get to be her friend! That and she has the CUTEST little ones!!!

6. I am super excited about my newest real life friend, Mandy. I've worked with her husband for 2...maybe 3 years now and just recently started hanging out with his wife. I just love her spunk and she sure does throw a great New Years Eve party!!!! Girl, we've gotta do games again soon!!!!

Last but certainly not least....

7. Hilltopper! If the witty sense of humor and one cute little boy weren't enough, this mama sure can make a mixed cd! Seriously, it's been in my changer ever since I got it in the mail! Stop by there, she'll be sure to have to giggling!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe.....I feel all special and stuff!!! You are SOOOOO sweet! And you can talk about how cute my kids are all you want.

Kidding.

I love the idea of this and will have to ponder it... can i think of seven things about myself???

I'll try.

I used to love Ghosthunters but then I made myself eliminate one show out of my life that I didn't think God would approve if. (Can you believe Rock of Love Tour Bus made the cut? I know. I know. I'm a mess)

God bless!
Amanda

Unknown said...

#1 thats the FUNNIEST pic i have seen all week!

#2 thanks! for all your sweet compliments, im glad i make you laugh, and FYI, likewise, its why i keep coming back.

#3 i see you have lost a few pounds, keep up the good work, sistah!

Mandy Crowell said...

That's so aweet of you to say about me. I'm glad you like my "spunk!" (others have referred to it by other names..haha!)

We definitely need to have you all over again for games! I'll look at our calendar and get with you real soon..also, what kind of girl's night activities do you have coming up for the next few weeks?

Finally, I'm really illiterate at this computer linking thing, but I'll do my best to follow the rules as best I can!

Look for my answers in the next couple days or so..we're pretty swamped with events, so it might take my til Sunday, but I promise to answer!

Heather B. said...

I LOVE the breakup line... way too funny!!!

Hey, I noticed a new ticker tape ~ WOOHOO!! you go girl!

Me said...

Thanks for the tag! I've been pretty sick and am starting to get back to normal. My answers should be up sometime this week! And, you are too kind in your description of me. I feel I learn way more from your blog!

God Bless!