Thursday, August 28, 2008

The WILD Child

So Ethan has had more bad days than good ones so far this week.


I knew that it would be tough for him to adjust to a completely new schedule, new people, new building and new challenges. I shouldn't be surprised that he's extra wild - but I am. I really prayed that he would be able to handle these changes well but it's not happening.


I know that the Lord works all things out for good for all of us who believe on Him. I know, somehow, this is going to sanctify me but can I just say that the process stinks? Don't get me wrong, I am thankful that the Lord chooses to put me in situations what will cause me to be more like Him.


I know that the Lord doesn't want me to do things by my power, but rather, by His. I need to lean on His strength; I need to rest on His grace; I need to run to my Abba Father when it all seems to be too much (because it is); and I need to TRUST His plan and His sovereignty.


So, in keeping with this topic: How can I honor the Lord while trying to wrangle my wild four year old, help him to obey the rules and make wise decisions regarding my family?



  • I need to be more prayerful about these situations. I need to relinquish all control over them to Him and solely seek His will for what we should do. No more gut instincts or what "feels good" - I need only to focus on doing His will.


  • I need to work on our family schedule. I know that if we are more consistent that things should get better for us.


  • I need to get to crackin' on finding Ethan an occupational therapist who can meet with us outside of "regular business hours". He really needs help with his Sensory Processing Disorder! Having this therapy would help him to be able to process outside sensory influences and keep from becoming overstimulated.



  • I need to set up a meeting with Ethan's teacher and the school councilor to discuss a plan for helping him adjust to school life and to progress like the rest of the students. I'm proud to say that I've already put the wheels in motion for this meeting; I left a note for the councilor this morning!


  • I need to go on a date with my husband. Do you guys want to know how long it's been since David and I went out and did anything fun, just the two of us? It's been so long, I can't even remember. For some reason I think the last time was during tax time LAST year - not this year. Yeah. It's time for a date. Any good ideas that are CHEAP?


  • David and I need to be more consistent with our family Bible studies and personal prayer times over our family. Ethan really enjoys reading out of the Bible and he loves to pray (although, I am wearing thin on when he starts to pray about his poop. I'm not kidding. It's gotta stop. even though it makes me laugh on the inside). David and I need to entrust Ethan to the Lord and we need to step up and be better stewards of leading him to the Throne of Grace.

So yeah...these are the things that I am going to be focusing on doing for the next seven days in order to honor God in our daily home lives.

THE GIVEAWAY

I know you all are wondering about the giveaway. I would be if I were you. Here is the status:

On MONDAY I will be announcing the winner. I just needed some time to gather up all the items for the giveaway and find some cool surprises!

If you are chosen this is what I'd need from you:

1.) Your initials. Don't ask, just give them. You'll see why later.

2.) Patience. Remember, I'm hand embroidering something for you, it takes time if you want it to look nice!

3.) Your address. So that I can mail it to you of course.

All right, since I've overloaded you guys with lists I'll let you go. Oh, and since this would be the third blog in a row without pictures, I'm going to throw some random ones in here for ya.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Love the pirate chicken cartoon. Hilarious!

As far as cheap dates go- I was so surprised how 'date like' it felt to have a late night candle-lit dessert w/ hubby before we cuddled up on the couch for a movie we picked out together. Easy for us since Audrey goes to bed between 7 and 8 ... anyways that's my best suggestion! :)

Katie said...

That is exactly why I don't like to wear contacts either. Because an eye patch makes me look much more legit, ya know?


Also, you should pay me money because I linked to a random blog of yours in my latest post.

Also again, the security code today looks like Bagdad but minus the vowels. Please explain.

Crystal Victoria said...

ROFL!!!! The slug cartoon is AWESOME! LOL!!!

Christina said...

HAHA! He prays about his poop. That's too funny! Everything will work out with the Wild Child. You're on the right track.

I hope yall get a date soon.

Sarah said...

I have a friend whose son has that same sensory disorder. But she just found out that he had it a few months ago. Praying for you, David, and Ethan.