Tuesday, August 5, 2008

What a game!!!


Between two bad balk calls and their coach being ejected from the game the Texas Rangers managed to pull out a 9-4 win against the Yankees! I can't believe so much pride in Texas teams (just Cowboys and Rangers, really) is starting to grow within me.


Don't worry, I still sing Boomer Sooners daily.


Back to the game.

This man here, Marlon Byrd came up to bat at the bottom of the ninth in a tied 5-5 game against the New York Yankees. The Yankees' pitcher had already walked three Rangers before Byrd came up to bat so the bases were loaded and then it happened.

GRAND SLAM!


"Byrd said he knew the ball was gone as soon as he hit it. He jumped into teammates waiting for him at home plate and then high-fived several fans, including an excited Rangers president Nolan Ryan." An expert from WFAA news.




So today I'm fighting to stay awake, not so much because the game got out late, more so because it was very emotionally draining. What? I love baseball.

3 comments:

Liz Harrell said...

How fun! I went to our minor league team's game last night... oh how I love baseball. And hotdogs, cant forget hotdogs. :)

Unknown said...

i spent my summers in north richland hills, tx with my dad and there was not a single night that i can remember that we didnt spend watching baseball, an dyou know with all those games many many many of the were rangers games, but in my house we still say

GO CUBBIES!!! what, i love chicago

Katie said...

you are the best


and smell