There's stuff falling from the sky here in Texas. I'm not really sure what it is, though.
Whatever it is, it's wet and makes everybody drive like idiots.
Once, I remember my great great grandma was telling about when wet stuff fell from the sky.
I hope this stuff sticks around cause it's my favorite.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm probably the only person on the planet who jumps out of bed with excitement when I hear sound of rain hitting the bedroom window.
I'm also sure I'm the only person on the planet who loves to antique in the rain. I can't think of anything better to do with a rainy day than to go out for breakfast and then hit a couple of antique stores then head back to the house to take a nap.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'd like to take a sec to thank everybody who wished me a happy birthday! I had a great weekend celebrating.
We went to Moni's on Friday night with family and we had a great time. Saturday, Kate and I headed over to our friend's mom's house to visit, went to lunch with Krissy and Shayla then headed out to Montgomery Street Antique mall.
I finally got a vintage fan! YEA! It's a really great teal green on the metal and even has the old metal blades - it works too!!! I also got some old tomato shaped salt and pepper shakers and something that's going to be going in the giveaway. Aren't you excited?
Afterwards I came home and kicked David's butt at Hot Shots Golf II, on the PS2. That was one of his presents to me. Ever since I got good at that game he never wants to play me anymore.
Sunday morning I went to my Sunday School class. I have to tell ya, I've got some great kids. They are in the 4th - 6th grade area and just amaze me. We had 4 in Sunday school, which is good, I usually have 3 (I go to a seriously small church). Well, our guest was complaining that what we were doing was boring when one of my kids spoke up and said, "Dude, it's not boring! We're learning about God!" I nearly cried.
Ethan was a (un)holy terror at church that day. Not only did he get in trouble for splashing toilet water around the bathroom but he decided that it would be a good idea to play hide-n-go-seek under the pews just as the worship service was starting. David took him home after we finally fished him out. I got to stay and listen to the sermon without having to worry about a noise bored little guy.
Afterward I went to lunch with my mother-in-law. I love Mongolian grills - YUM!
Then I took my nap. Went to church. Had ice cream with a bunch of the ladies from church. Met with my amazing accountability partner. Went home and David killed me at Home Run Derby on the PS2.
(playing video games is something we only do on special occasions.)
It was a GREAT weekend!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Also, in an unrelated story, I am convinced that Facebook is trying to sabotage my friendship with Kate. Every time I get online and try to chat with her it tells me that she just got offline and it does the same thing to her - I think that while I think she's offline and she thinks I'm off line we are both actually online, it just doesn't want us to talk anymore.
I keep threatening to kick it in the Face. ....book.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you all had a great weekend!
7 comments:
you should call Kate next time it does that.
I totally agree! I love the rain falling in Texas!! Woo Hoo!!
I love listening to the rain falling on our sky light from INSIDE the house.
Normally I don't like the rain, but I'm loving it! I don't have to run my ac as much and I don't have to go anywhere. I've actually washed, dried and put away about 7 loads of laundry today! Go me!
AND there was no rush to get to football practice. We got to eat dinner at a decent time. I wonder if it'll rain tomorrow.
I'm so glad you had a lovely birthday! We're starting to get ya'lls rain here... wahoo!
And congrats on the fan, those can be really hard to find (at a decent price that is).
lol! you're hilarious! i'm glad you had such a great weekend! :) i love the rain, too!
I'm the same as you when it rains. I just feel bitter that I have to go to work when I'd rather stay home, bake a pie, read a book, and watch the rain fall. I LOVE this weather - and I'm a fellow Texas gal!
Post a Comment