Friday, August 8, 2008

Too fun to pass up

So, I've been trying to think of ways to let you guys know more about me without just spilling the beans and then I found this here, my friend Holly's blog. Guys, swing by there, she just started blogging and has a real talent for it!

So the blog...here's the story...apparently you're supposed to use this program thing and your mp3 player and it randomly chooses songs to fit under multiple categories. I don't have this program and even if I did I don't think it would work with my 8 tracks (yeah, that was a lame "I don't have an mp3 player joke).

So, I've chosen songs that I really like (or that remind me of a certain placer or person) to go in place of what would have been random, and probably funny. Oh, and if you don't know what song I'm talking about check out the bottom of the blog, I'll try to post a playlist so you can listen to them!

OPENING CREDITS
Undignified - David Crowder Band

WAKING UP
Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson (you'll have to listen to this one to understand)
Milk and Cereal - G Love and Special Sauce (apparently I think of food in the morning)

AVERAGE DAY
Everyday - Dave Matthews Band
Pinch Me - Barenaked Ladies

GREAT DAY
Free at Last - G Love and Special Sauce (these guys are great but sometimes they use bad words, listen with caution)

BAD DAY
What Would You Say? - Dave Matthews Band
Black Sheep - Martin Sexton

CHILDHOOD
You and Me Against The World - Helen Reddy (I love my mommy)
Ocean Front Property - George Strait (this reminds me of my daddy for some reason)

HIGH SCHOOL
Here's To the Night
- Eve6 (my favorite band from hs)
Lily - The Smashing Pumpkins (one of my hs crush's fave songs)
Loser - Beck (loved him in hs, not the cleanest music but I used to love it)

COLLEGE
Saved - Warren Barfield (I got saved in college)

FALLING IN LOVE
Buona Sera - Louis Prima
Cross My Heart - George Strait (my father in law sang this at our wedding)

LOVE SCENE
Truly Madly Deeply - Savage Garden

SECRET LOVE
Please Forgive Me - David Gray

BREAKING UP
Linger
- The Cranberries
Tainted Love - Soft Cell

GETTING BACK TOGETHER
I'll Be Loving You Forever - New Kids on the Block (what? I like them.)

LIFE'S OKAY
Beautiful Lord - Leeland
Pressing On - Relient K

MENTAL BREAKDOWN
End of World - REM
Unwell - Matchbox 20

DRIVING
Country Road
- John Denver (reminds me of driving to Oklahoma)

LEARNING A LESSON
I'm Not Who I Was - Jason Castro (only cause he's my favorite, I love Brandon Heath's orginial too)

DEEP THOUGHT
In Christ Alone/The Solid Rock
- Travis Cottrell (I can't think of anything better to think deeply about)

PARTYING
Sadie Hawkins Dance - Relient K

HAPPY DANCE
The Happy Song - Chris Tomlin (you guys have to listen to this one!)

REGRETTING
My Stupid Mouth
- John Mayer

LONG NIGHT ALONE
Time After Time
- Cindy Lauper

DEATH
Come To Jesus
- Chris Rice

CLOSING CREDITS
Who I am Hates Who I've Been - Relient K....

.....this is how I feel about this little quiz thing. Who I am now hates who I was before I was saved. This little post here is littered with song after song from before my salvation. I've chosen the cleanest ones I can find just to show you who I was and then I threw in amazing songs of faith: Beautiful Lord, Come to Jesus, The Happy Song, I'm Not Who I Was and, of course, Saved.

Here are all the songs on the list above for your listnening pleasure!



3 comments:

Holly, Ben, and Reid said...

Thanks for the shout out, Amanda!!! Loved seeing your songs...=)

Katie said...

I still prefer the Spoken version of Time After Time...I think its the only time I have preferred a cover version of a song!

Amanda Jo said...

I'm with ya Kate...Spoken is way better, too bad they aren't on project playlist