Tuesday, August 19, 2008

He's growin' up.



This is a really old picture of Ethan (about a year and a half old) but I love it. It's my favorite of him.

I thought I would be okay with him getting older and going to school but I'm not. I resented the fact that we were buying....I can't even type it out.....sigh......school supplies.

I think he's ready, kinda. He's can count to like 18, he can say his ABCs (even though lmnop sounds more like animal pee when he says them), he knows his shapes, colors, and has even started using some impressive words.

I keep wanting to buy him diapers and put him back on formula hoping that it would keep him small and tiny and my little man forever but David keeps telling me that it won't work.

This Momma's going to cry next Monday when I drop him off. Guys, I've become quite the crier here lately...but we already talked about that.

In other news....

We're going to the Beth Moore Conference in San An this weekend! I'm way too excited about road trippin' with Kate and Krissy. Kate and I are already crazy and loud but if you add Krissy, who is Greek (seriously, My Big Fat Greek Wedding was taken from a page in her life) then you've got some serious insanity driving down Hwy 35 at 70 mph.

Let me just say, if you're on that road Friday morning, watch out! We'll be flying by, singing some 90s song loudly while eating beef jerky at 8:30 am. No Corn Nuts though, those have been banned from Kate's car.

8 comments:

Christina said...

Aww, these kids just grow up too fast!

Have fun in San Antonio! When you get to the domes on 35, wave! I'm only about a mile away! LOL

Oh and I love corn nuts!

Katie said...

Eww I can still imagine the smell of corn nuts in my car in the morning. I'm really not sure what my aversion is to them.

Suzanne said...

Hi! I found your blog via Mabel's House. It's always good to find a fellow Texan blogger! I'm loving the overcast skies and cooler temps, too!

Kids do grow up fast, don't they? Enjoy your trip to San Antonio! Be careful on 35 - absolute insanity! If you're coming from the north, wave to the west as you drive through Temple. :)

Unknown said...

have you heard that song on They Might Be giants "here come the abc's" called elemeno (lmno) we had to emphasize L_M_N_O_P when teaching the abc song to D.

anyway check out "here come the abc's" you will be hooked, i cant get "go,go,go ,go for G" out of my head.
but the whole family knows "C is for Conifer" is moms fave

Shannon said...

Oops does have a website. www.oopsdeals.com. However, they don't have any cute stuff on there. :)

Small world! I work in Rogers!

Barb said...

Hi there,

They grow up wayyy too fast. He is a little cutie pie.

Enjoy the conference. I know it will be very special.


hugs,
Barb

Holly said...

I'm don't doubt I'll be a disaster when I have kids and they start school. I'll be thinking about you on Monday!

Sarah said...

oooohhhhhh I love Beth Moore! Have fun! And...your little man is so stinkin cute!!